Sunday, June 19, 2011

bike month

june is bike month in toronto! unfortunately, I left my (borrowed) bike locked up in a fence somewhere because I lost the key to the lock. It seems like my adventures in biking have ended prematurely, unless my attempt to steal my own bike back is successful, or I finally break down and purchase that bixi membership. but I did draw a lot of comics about biking in that short amount of time, so it's not a complete write-off.

I also went to the opening reception of Romance of the Wheel at the start of the month, a bike-themed illustration exhibition by a talented bunch. I only managed to take 4 photos before my camera died, but I recommend it for any bike & art loving morigirls. It's still running until the 30th of June, at Jet Fuel Coffee (519 Parliament st).


poster designed by jessie durham. you can get a signed copy for $2!

the space

swoon. stole my heart.

adorable mean-looking girls by inkyung choi

i don't really know what's going but these are some really cool bros

i mostly spent this event (after the art appreciating part) clogging up the stairway blowing alcohol-infused hot air and probably alienating myself so I did not collect all the names of the artists or even take as many pictures as I wanted. but i did end up meeting some really awesome and sweet people! totally worth the trek through regent park, where you can also take the time to admire the newly erected million dollar condos competing space with neglected government housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment