Wednesday, November 23, 2011

i feel like i actually accomplished something

I like collecting, organizing, and making useless lists, but I am also somewhat of a minimalist (though no one might believe it if they've seen my room) so my own habits makes me want to shed hair. I think I found a good solution to my hoarding problem, which is of course, project my wants into images on the internet. first, computer data doesn't take up any space at all!, is what I thought, until the visible clutter on my desktop started to make my skin crawl every time it emerged through the "ding" of the boot-up. (I may have problems). Then, I made endless tumblrs to categorize and document photos that I loved so I didn't have to save them anymore, because reorganizing the picture folders on my harddrive was starting to become a parttime job.

And now I've found a new hobby: making etsy treasuries.
I like how etsy assigns you the title of "curator" as to make you feel important and all. like, these pictoral lists are a semblance of my being and vision! the role gives me the feeling of being a creative person without really doing anything at all besides window shopping. When I was hungry, instead of going grocery shopping at the 7-11 down the street, I used that inspiration to create a treasury of all the grocery and food-related wares. My stomach suffered, but I looked at it as a new diet fad catering to whimsical long-haired creatures, like looking at a picture of a bagel.

Needless to say, I burnt out pretty fast after day1, and am now looking for new sources of procastination.

also here's my treasuries, it's not just so everyone can tell me how I have good taste but also because these stuff are amazing, makes me not want to make anything in depression

2 comments:

  1. Hello, we're doing a dissertation(at the university of Vigo) on the fashion blogs and their impact. We chose Tavi Gevinson as an example, and we're doing an interview with her followers. Could you help us?
    Thank you very much.

    -How did you find Tavi's blog?
    -Do you follow it every day? How often do you go in?
    -Why do you think it became so famous?
    -Have you influenced any of your purchases and dress?

    :) Answer us here or to our mail: calpurniavee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly lovely treasuries!

    ReplyDelete